THE RIGHT EDUCATION, RIGHT DOWNTOWN.
Catholic Central High School is rich in both history and tradition. Founded in 1906 by Bishop Henry Richter and the Dominican Sisters, it is the oldest Catholic, coeducational, Diocesan high school in the U.S. It draws and benefits from a culturally diverse student body. And, since being established, over 20,000 students have graduated, many who still serve our community today.
Our campus, located in Grand Rapids’ Heartside neighborhood, is comprised of three buildings with a pedestrian mall and ample parking for students and guests. Here, we are well positioned to benefit from the spiritual guidance and commitment of diocesan leaders as a result of our proximity to the Cathedral of Saint Andrew and Cathedral Square. Students also benefit from nearby hospitals, research institutions, museums, mission agencies, and charitable organizations where they commonly participate in project-based or service-based learning.
As the renaissance of Grand Rapids continues, Catholic Central High School will continue our strong tradition of providing a great education with a greater purpose.