The Music Education program at Catholic Central High School is thriving. Both the Instrumental and Choral departments have more than doubled in size, earned top ratings at adjudicated festivals, toured inside and outside of the country and consistently performed for community and Diocesan functions. While positively representing Catholic Central in these areas, students are also challenged with a rigorous music education curriculum in the daily classroom.
- “The personal instruction and commitment to excellence that I discovered in the Catholic Central music department had helped set the stage for a lifelong career in music. It has given me the experience and confidence to grow as a well trained musician as I have traveled the US, Canada and Europe with the CC Band and Choir programs. I have created long lasting friendships with both fellow students and my music teachers as they have propelled me on my musical journey. I wish that all high school students could experience the high standards and dedication to excellence that is CC Music.” Samantha Wilson, Class of 2007, Valparaiso University
Freshman Concert Band
Ann Reinhard . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Band Director
*Concert Band, Jazz Band, Partner School Instrumental Music Program*
B.M. University of Northern Iowa
Major: Music Education – Instrumental
M.M.E.D. University of Michigan
Major: Music Education
Dennis Rybicki . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Campus Ministry
*Music Department Head – Drama/Musical Advisor, COREX*
B.M.E.D. Aquinas College
Major: Music Education – Minor: Liturgical Studies
M.E.D. Calvin College
Major: Music Education
M.A. University of Notre Dame/Aquinas College
Major: Theology, Concentration: Liturgy
Honors and Awards
- Division I (Superior) ratings at the MSBOA District 10 Marching Festival
- Division I (Superior) ratings at the MSBOA District 10 Concert Band Festival for CC Symphonic Band
- Students have earned high ratings and performed at District and State Solo and Ensemble, the MSBOA Michigan All-State program, Grand Rapids Youth Symphony, Michigan Youth Arts Festival
- High placement at area Marching Band Invitationals, including awards for Best Colorguard and Best Percussion
- Regular participation in St. Patrick’s Day Parades in Grand Rapids and Conklin
- Performed in Walt Disney World at Magic Kingdom and Epcot Center as part of Disney Magic Music Days
Participation in local and state marching and concert band and choir festivals.
Participation in solo/ensemble festivals and Honors Choir and Band festivals.
Annual events include: Madrigal Dinner and Musical
Performance tours to Disney World, Cedar Point, Chicago, Washington D.C., Toronto, Italy, Vatican City, Ireland, Poland and Czech Republic and Germany.