Planning a Reunion
Planning a Class Reunion? The Advancement/Alumni Relations Office would be happy to assist you. Whether you need addresses, emails, help with a Facebook page, etc. give us a call – we can help!
Advancement/Alumni Relations Office – Tressa Brondyke 616-233-5851
1. Choose someone to plan the reunion (it does not have to be an officer) and form your committee for planning the event(s). Some classes have picnics, golf outings, casual mixers, or formal dinners. Choose a style that you think will work best for your class.
2. Contact Alumni Relations for a spreadsheet of your class list and mailing labels. (Note: The addresses provided are constantly changing and we appreciate any contact info updates from your class).
3. Choose a date and location for the reunion. Please consider holding your reunion at Catholic Central. Contact Todd Kolster at email@example.com for details and availability
4. Build a Facebook fan page or group (See “How to make your Facebook page”)
Keep in Mind: Many classes have money saved in a CSS Student Services account. Alumni Relations can tell you if your class has any money in an account. If your class does not have money available, we can loan you $100 to get started. This $100 would need to be paid back at the time of your reunion.
Get the Word Out
- Contact Alumni Relations so details of your event can be posted on the school website and in the Alumni News.
Notify Alumni Relations of:
- Reunion date, time, place, contact person and other pertinent information
- Any email address set up for the class (i.e., firstname.lastname@example.org)
- The url for your Facebook page or any website set up for the class
2. Email: Make an email distribution list using the addresses from the spreadsheet, adding any from your own address book or those accumulated from classmates. You may want to start a class email address (i.e. email@example.com) if you haven’t already, so that one person doesn’t end up with all of the addresses.
3. Facebook: Keep your classmates informed of reunion plans by posting updates on your Facebook page. Engage them by asking questions such as “Who was your favorite teacher” or “What is your best CC memory?”
4. USPS: You may want to send a Save the Date mailing to test addresses as well as find out new contact information.
Finalize the details
Decide on a price that will include the food, postage, decorations, entertainment, and a cushion amount for start-up of next reunion. Send out an invitation with the price and response information.
If you would like, a representative from Catholic Central may come to your reunion to give your class a brief update on the “State the School” and take photos of your reunion.
After the Reunion
After the reunion, please send your updated classmate contact information to the Development Coordinator so that the master alumni database can be updated. Please send email addresses, as well as postal address.
We appreciate photos from your reunion so we can post these on the school’s website, social media and/or in the Alumni News.
If you would like further help with planning your event you may always contact Advancement/Alumni Relations Office