What’s in the Archives?
The CC-WC Archives is located in Room 312 of West Catholic High School. Begun by Sr. Marie Heyda, O.P. in the early 1980s, the tradition of the Archives is continued today by Co-Archivists Maureen Korte, Deb Bek Moore and Pat Nugent.
We occasionally host open houses and displays at school events. You can also arrange a visit to the Archives by contacting one of the Archivists (see contact information at the bottom of this page).
The Archives houses thousands of items related to the 110-year history of Catholic Central and West Catholic High Schools. Items include:
- school newspapers
- Class Nite programs
- commencement programs
- clothing such as varsity sweaters, school uniforms, Class Nite costumes
- ephemera such as spirit buttons, footballs, varsity letters, pennants, and class rings
How We Can Help You
- If you have an upcoming class reunion, contact us to discover what memorabilia from your high school years is available to display at your event.
- If you are researching your family history and have a relative who attended CC or WC, we may have photos and other print information about that alum.
- We have an overstock of yearbooks from some years and are glad to gift them to you at a slight fee. Contact us to see if we have the year you’re interested in.
How You Can Help Us
- The Archives is always looking to grow our collection by accepting donations from alumni like you. Anything and everything you have saved from your high school years is valuable to the Archives, including dance programs, souvenirs, uniforms, trophies, tee shirts, scrapbooks, report
cards, yearbooks and photographs. With your help, we will continue to preserve the history of our two fine schools.
- In particular, we need the following yearbooks. Do you have one to donate?
- Catholic Central Spires— 1975
- West Catholic Aerie — 1998, 1999, 2006 and 2008
We’d love to hear from you!
Maureen Korte, 458-4503, firstname.lastname@example.org
Deb Bek Moore, 957-4264, email@example.com
Pat Nugent, 233-5941, firstname.lastname@example.org