Student Support Services
We believe each student has unique strengths, learning styles, and needs. It is our mission to support students in their intellectual and moral growth by focusing on student strengths, identifying their needs, and providing individualized support to meet students wherever they may be—as well as help students realize and exceed what they believe is their learning potential.
- Our educational philosophy is that “one size does not fit all” and that a comprehensive, student-centered model for educational service delivery and instruction is paramount to meeting the needs of all learners.
- Our responsibility is to meet wherever they may be and to provide an equal opportunity to achieve success by reducing or eliminating barriers that may be caused by the interaction of an educational disability, medical diagnosis, and/or mental health condition.
- We provide students and families with exemplary resources, services, and instructional support.
- The DSSS partners with all stakeholders at every level of the educational process to ensure the most effective educational programming and intervention practices for students with diverse learning needs.
- The DSSS integrates a variety of supplementary materials and technology applications into the learning environment appropriate to each student’s unique learning styles and academic needs.
We are a team: Our students, parents, and staff work together to support student growth and help students realize the power and potential of Catholic community support and an education grounded in faith.
We embody our faith: Essential to Catholic social teaching is respect for the rights and dignity of each individual. We believe all students have the right to a complete education designed to equip them to embrace the next challenge, build self-efficacy,
Patty Joynt, L.M.S.W. – firstname.lastname@example.org
Director of Student Support Services
B.S. – Grand Valley State University
Major – Sociology
M.S.W – Grand Valley State University
Major – Social Work
Sarah Hartwick – email@example.com
Student Support Services Administrative Assistant
Faith Marko – firstname.lastname@example.org
Reading Specialist for ASC
B.A. – Seton Hill University
Major – Psychology/Theology
M.S.Ed. – Duquesne University
M.A. – Aquinas College
Major – Reading Specialist Certification
TJ Meerman – email@example.com
CAT Study Tables Coordinator
B.S. – Central Michigan University
Major – English/Secondary Education
Mary Beth O’Rourke – firstname.lastname@example.org
Science and Math Interventionist
Sue Passero – email@example.com
Student Support Specialist